We had a really great weekend! We went up to the cabin up at Bear Lake for our annual family hunting trip. I, of course, don't hunt. It's more of a camping out up at the cabin trip for me. Dan didn't get a tag this year for deer so he was there to help Kylea and Mike get their deer. Linda's nephew Ryan was also there for his first deer. All of the tags got filled. It was a really good hunt. We were grateful for that. Kylea got her first deer and Ryan got his first deer. Mike also got a deer. Mike's family is going to end up with a lot of meat since both he and Kylea got deer. We still have meat from ours from last year! Oh well, it's good meat and we're using everything. Thank goodness it freezes.
Ethan had a great time. Ben brought his whole family up and the kids played the entire weekend. Ethan loves to play with Gideon. It was really a fun time. Keith and Linda also brought their four wheelers so we got to take the kids on rides and stuff. On Monday, just before we came home, I took Ethan for one last ride. I asked him if he wanted to go fast and he said, "Faster! Faster!" so we went faster. He was laughing and screaming. He said to me, "Is it fun Mommy?" I said, "Yeah, are you having fun?" He said "Yeah, fun." It was cute. He's funny, he doesn't quite have the first person talking thing down yet. When he wants something he always starts with "You want ..." because that's how I ask him if he wants something.
I love going up to the cabin. It's so relaxing. We watched movies, ate lots of yummy food, played together, and I got to read my book. We even went shooting the guns on Sunday night after Kylea and Mike had both gotten their deer. I got to shoot Dan's 12 gage shotgun, which is a first for me. We also took turns shooting all the other guns. We set up targets. It was really fun.
In case you're wondering, the little goats in the picture are Mike and Chris's. Their goat, Puca, had her kids just before the trip and was not taking a shine to them, so they brought them up the day after they were born because she wasn't taking care of them. They're so cute! The kids loved the kids. They're bottle fed, but hopefully they'll be on grass soon! Mariah and Mikayla slept on the floor of the garage on foam matresses to feed them every two to four hours, just like real babies!
Times like this, making memories, are why I'm grateful for my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment