I've been meaning to write about my birthday for the last couple of days, I just hadn't gotten around to it yet. I'm the big 28 this year. I've been okay with this, but I can't help but cringe when I think that I'm only two years away from the dreaded 30. The funny thing is I'm older now than some of my Young Women leaders were when I was in that group at church. At the time, I thought they were old. I guess I was wrong, or maybe they were acting older. I definitely don't feel old though, at least not most of the time.
I really had a good birthday. I got to hang out with my mom. She took Ethan and I to lunch at Chili's. I love that place. Ethan was so cute. We were getting ready to leave when he realized that he didn't have any more of his drink left. He turned to the waitress and said, "Excuse me. I get some more?" It was funny. They put it in a little to go cup for him. As far as everything else, I got some wonderful cards from people and some great gifts.
Yesterday, Jenny and I let our moms watch the kids and we went out to Cafe Rio for my birthday. That's one of my favorite places to eat. We went to the one in Taylorsville...and we just happened to get caught in that really bad storm, but we were okay. It was fun eating out without the kids. After that, we hung out with the kids at Jenny's mom's house. The kids wanted to be outside, so we let them play outside in the rain while we sat under the patio. Ethan didn't want to leave. He loves playing with Julia and Jack so much!
All in all, it was a good birthday. I'm happy to be alive and happy to have a birthday. It's the only time I can get Dan to stop at Old Navy or any other store without him complaining...
No comments:
Post a Comment