Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year...Same Resolution

I guess I'm more "resolute" this year. Lately I've not been feeling myself and have been struggling with my depression a bit more. As a result, I've been "using" my drug of choice...food. This isn't a good thing as I've gained weight as a result. Well, I've decided to do something about it. Before, I stopped watching what I was eating because I was "waiting" to get pregnant...well...the waiting has gone on for over a year now and that's long enough. I'm going to get myself in order and maybe a pregnancy will follow later on. At least then I'll be more healthy when I do finally get pregnant.

I'm sick of feeling yucky and I'm sick of indulging in food because I "deserve" it. Food is a necessity for life and it can be enjoyed, but I shouldn't be using it to make me feel better. So, resolutely, I'm heading off into the territory of a healthier me. I hope by publicly declaring it I can do better and keep the goal. We'll see. I think I can do it.

5 comments:

Elisa & Josh said...

Good luck! I'm sorry you've being feeling depressed. If there's ever anything I can do to help let me know. Even if you need a night to yourself or something, I'd be happy to watch Ethan. Love ya!

Alesha said...

Thanks Elisa! That really means a lot! Yeah. The depression thing hasn't been fun. I've had good days and bad ones, but I always feel better when I have a goal in mind. Something to work on...

Elisa & Josh said...

I know what you mean. I need to set some good goals for myself too...:)

Debi B said...

You will do it!! I need to do a little of that too. We should get together sometime... just lmk when works for you! :)

Ker said...

Hey Lesh...maybe it's me but it's nearly impossible to read your typing with the black letters and the dark blue background...I'd love to read??help!