e and Oprah was on. She was talking about this "A New Earth" book stuff. Mind you, I have not read the book, but I found it kind of interesting. She had a lay minister who was Catholic on the show. She had read the book and was talking about how it had changed her perspective on Christ. For her, prior to reading this book, it was all about the fact that he died for her sins. She said it was this book that made her realize that his purpose on the Earth was much bigger, showing us by devine example how to live our lives the right way. It was so foreign to me that people just view Christ as all about his death. It has never been that way for me, being LDS and all. It is definitely a part of everything, the way he suffered and died for our sins, but his purpose was so much more than that, so much greater. I just thought it was interesting that people were just starting to realize this great "secret" that us Mormons have. Could this prepare a way for the Church to reach more people by preparing them to open their hearts and minds to the Spirit? I don't know. It's interesting though.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Interesting New Movement
I was waiting for my mom to come watch Ethan yesterday so I could go get my hair don
e and Oprah was on. She was talking about this "A New Earth" book stuff. Mind you, I have not read the book, but I found it kind of interesting. She had a lay minister who was Catholic on the show. She had read the book and was talking about how it had changed her perspective on Christ. For her, prior to reading this book, it was all about the fact that he died for her sins. She said it was this book that made her realize that his purpose on the Earth was much bigger, showing us by devine example how to live our lives the right way. It was so foreign to me that people just view Christ as all about his death. It has never been that way for me, being LDS and all. It is definitely a part of everything, the way he suffered and died for our sins, but his purpose was so much more than that, so much greater. I just thought it was interesting that people were just starting to realize this great "secret" that us Mormons have. Could this prepare a way for the Church to reach more people by preparing them to open their hearts and minds to the Spirit? I don't know. It's interesting though.
e and Oprah was on. She was talking about this "A New Earth" book stuff. Mind you, I have not read the book, but I found it kind of interesting. She had a lay minister who was Catholic on the show. She had read the book and was talking about how it had changed her perspective on Christ. For her, prior to reading this book, it was all about the fact that he died for her sins. She said it was this book that made her realize that his purpose on the Earth was much bigger, showing us by devine example how to live our lives the right way. It was so foreign to me that people just view Christ as all about his death. It has never been that way for me, being LDS and all. It is definitely a part of everything, the way he suffered and died for our sins, but his purpose was so much more than that, so much greater. I just thought it was interesting that people were just starting to realize this great "secret" that us Mormons have. Could this prepare a way for the Church to reach more people by preparing them to open their hearts and minds to the Spirit? I don't know. It's interesting though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hmmmm .... that is very interesting.
I just had a gospel conversation with Loran at lunch yesterday. It almost made me miss being a missionary.
Post a Comment